Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Madison sale

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dfarris's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I am new to this board. We are going to the sale in Madison, I have never been there and do not know what to expect. I am not a collector, I have 2 daughters that like the dolls. Any advice, tips, etc.?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member EmilyMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wear comfy shoes & bring large bags to carry goodies. There are bags for sale there although most people bring their own. Some people bring in these large bags intended for yard work. They hold their shape & the people just drag them around. In lieu of a purse/handbag wear a fanny pack so your arms are free.

    Dolls will be the first stop & if you want one of the limited edition dolls I'd go there first & then historical dolls next because of the limits.

    Have fun & post when you get back to let us know what you found?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is a link to the MCM sale website, on the tips for shoppers page--you can click on other subjects on the sidebar for even more information.

    I've never been myself, but maybe I can go next year.

    Good luck, and have fun at the sale! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    http://www.madisonchildrensmuseum.co...tegory_id=1362

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] The website AsianAG gave you has a lot of good information about the MCM Sale.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 03, 2006 12:37 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

  5. #5
    McMasters
    Guest McMasters's Avatar

    Post

    Wow!! It looks so exciting...Darn work always getting in the way! In a perfect world, we wouldn't have to pay our credit card bills!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dfarris's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks everyone! That's the kind of info I was looking for. The website has some hints, but it's always better to hear it from veterans! They don't mention anything about limits? What exactly are they?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member EmilyMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1 historical outfit per historical doll, 2 JLY outfits, 1 HSH outfit, 2 BB OR 1 twin outfit. I forget the doll limits other than 1 historical doll. (1 JLY maybe?) I think you can get 2 BB or 1 set twins but can't remember for sure. 1 mini doll, 1 limited edition doll (Kailey or Marisol) & probably only 1 of their outfits too.

    I don't believe there's any limits on clothing for the girls themselves. Probably no limit on books either so if you're looking for books, I'd bring a sturdy cloth bag with decent handles for them.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dfarris's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you! I'm glad the bag and fanny pack was mentioned, good ideas. It should be an interesting trip. Thanks for the info.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The doll limits will be posted at the sale, or we were able to get ours when we checked into our hotel, the hotel already had a list of them and a map of the inside set up.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dfarris's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is it crazy there? Or is everyone pretty helpful and not inconsiderate? I panicked when I read no children under 3, so I decided to leave my girls with my husband the first day, I don't want them trampled! We are combining this with a camping trip, so they will have fun with Dad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •